Health & Safety Policy
JILAC has adopted an Occupational Health & Safety Management System that complies with the International Standard OHSAS 18001:2007 to ensure, its objectives with regards to Health and Safety are achieved.
Our Health and Safety (H&S) policy aims to:
- Avoid accidents;
- Provide Safe systems of work;
- Provide safe working environment;
- Minimise the risk of harm to people, property and environment;
- Ensure we work in partnership with clients, suppliers, enforcement agencies, and co-contractors to promote and provide high standards of workplace health, safety and environmental care;
- Formally monitor and review H&S performance as a basis for setting H&S targets and continuous improvement;
- Effectively manage any unforeseen events so as to limit any adverse effects.
Our safety policies are based on experience and current standards and are also an integral part of the company’s personnel policies. This means that compliance with the policies is a condition of employment and must be taken seriously. Failure to comply with health and safety regulations at the construction site is sufficient grounds for disciplinary action or for termination of employment.
Safety and health are in every aspect as important in this company as productivity and quality. In fact, they go hand in hand. Of course, the best reason for you to observe these policies is because it’s in your own self-interest to do so.
Documented details and specific safe procedures are contained in JILAC H&S manual, held at each operational site; this manual is freely available to all employees and to non-employees with a specific interest. Access to the manual is through your immediate supervisor/manager, or for non-employees through the Project Manager.